Department of Political Science

The Department of Political Science was established during the last quarter of the 19th century when the Arts College (by which name the college was formerly known) became a first grade college. The undergraduate programme B.A. (PPT) was started in 1916 and was first affiliated to the University of Madras and subsequently to the Andhra University (when Andhra university was established In 1926).

Distinguished Educationist Dr. C.R.Reddy, Eminent jurist Sri. Koka Subba Rao, Renowned freedom fighter and first Chief Minister of Andhra State Shri Tanguturi Prakasam, Great social reformer Kandukuri Veeresalingam were among the illustrious alumni of the Department.

Every student of Humanities, who aspires to succeed in Civil services examination invariably, likes to be associated with Rao\'s study circle New Delhi. We are very proud to say that the president of the study circle Sri. S. Rao was on the faculty of the Department during the period 1956-60. Up to 1970, the Department of Political Science functioned jointly with the Department of History. In that year, the Department of Political Science was separated and created as a full-fledged Department of Political Science.

The department is going to start a new CENTRE FOR GANDHIAN STUDIES for the promotion of Gandhian principles and values, which are the need of the hour.

Courses Offered

  • PG Courses
  • UG Courses
    B.A. (Economics, History, Political Science)
    B.A. (Geography, History, Political Science)
    B.A. (Philosophy, Public Administration, Special Telugu)
  • Diploma Courses
  • Certificate Courses
    Human Rights

Teaching Staff

Administrative Staff

  • FacultyQualificationProfile Link

Syllabus

  • Links to Syllabus

Model Papers

  • Links to Model Papers

Seminars Or Events

  • No events or news available at the moment.

Contact Us