Metcalfe Hostel

The Government College Men’s Hostel was established in the year 1948 in the name of E.P. Metcalfe, the first Principal of the College. The hostel consists of 34 spacious rooms, which can provide accommodation to around 150 students. The hostel also contains a reading room, Gymnasium and a quadrangle that is being used as play ground by the student inmates. The hostellers are provided an attached mess with dining hall that has capacity for about 100 students at a time, storeroom to keep provisions and vegetables and kitchen.

From the inception of the Hostel, thousands of students have stayed and completed their studies successfully. Many of the hostel inmates have occupied important positions in various fields.